Open University Program
Most courses listed in the university catalog are open to non-matriculated students through the CSUSB College of Extended Learning under a program called Open University. Members of the community who meet the prerequisites may enroll in regular campus undergraduate level courses on a space-available basis. Students can apply up to a maximum of 36 units through Open University toward a bachelor’s degree and 13 units toward a master’s degree (subject to approval be department concerned).
Open University is designed for students who:
- Missed the deadline for admission to the regular resident program;
- Want to examine a particular field prior to enrolling in a degree program;
- Want to update personal training;
- Need to improve their CSUSB grade point average in order to re-enter an academic program, or
- Want to take selected CSUSB courses that will transfer to another college or university.